If there was one surprise at the 2013 New York Auto Show, it would go to Chevrolet with their introduction of the 2014 Camaro Z/28. The Z/28 is a track-ready version of the Camaro with improved aerodynamics thanks to a massive front splitter and rear spoiler. Under the hood is GM’s LS7 V8 producing an estimated 500 horsepower and 475 pound-feet of torque which is mated to a six-speed manual transmission only. The Z/28 also went through a major weight-loss program by using thinner rear glass, lighter wheels, smaller battery, removing the tire-inflator kit and sound-deadening material, and making air conditioning an option. This program help the Camaro Z/28 lose 300 pounds. Autobytel’s Jeff Glucker gives the details on this special Camaro.
2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 At The 2013 New York Auto Show
- 2013 MazdaSpeed3 Road Test and Review
- 2014 Infiniti Q50 to Launch with Lower Pricing
- Porsche Boxster S Drives Away With Autobytel’s Sports Car of the Year
- 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible Preview: New York Auto Show
- 2014 Porsche 911 GT3: New York Auto Show
comments powered by Disqus