BMW’s big showing at the 2012 LA Auto Show was their Project i vehicles; the i3 and and i8. The i3 and i8 are part of an upcoming sub-brand known as i that concentrates on producing low emissions cars that can use either electric or plug-in powertrain. The two concepts are clean sheet designs and utilize an aluminum frame and a carbon fiber body. The i3 coupe uses an electric powertrain that produces 170 horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque. The i8 coupe uses a plug-in drivetrain that produces 354 horsepower and 405 pound-feet of torque. Dave Buchko from BMW of North America talks with Autobyel’s Editor-in-Chief, Michelle Naranjo about the i concepts.
BMW i3 Coupe & i8 Plug-In Hybrid Concept Cars At The LA Auto Show
- 2013 Ford Fusion Energi Named Connected Car of the Year at CES
- 2013 Nissan LEAF Begins Production in Tennessee
- 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid to Begin Production in Ohio
- 10 Things You Need To Know About The 2013 Cadillac XTS
- 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish At The LA Auto Show
comments powered by Disqus