Volvo unwrapped the all new XC60 Plug-in hybrid concept at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show, while this luxury crossover might look the same as any other XC60, it is a greener range extended electrically assisted XC that uses a lithium ion battery to power an electric motor mounted on the rear axle to travel up to 35 miles on a single charge. With a familiar safe steel structure, the only thing that gives this concept crossover away is the fact that it has a plug in the front fender.
Volvo XC60 Plug-in hybrid concept at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show video
- Autobytel Fast Five: Affordable Luxury SUVs for 2012
- 2012 Volvo XC60 R-Design: Putting the gRRRR back in the R
- 2012 Volvo XC60: Video Road Test and Review
- 2013 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Road Test & Review
- The Surprising Sales Numbers for the Volvo XC60
comments powered by Disqus