The German automaker Mercedes Benz showed off its first ever range extended electric vehicle, the B Class E-Cell+ at the 2012 North American Inrenational Auto Show in Detroit. The E-Cell+ is equipped with a 1.0 Liter, three cylinder gas burning engine that charges a lithium ion battery pack at low speeds and provides a boost to the electric power train at high speeds. With an electric only range of 62 miles, the electrified B Class Benz can travel as far as 373 miles using both energy sources and is capable of reaching a 93 MPH top speed.
Mercedes Benz B Class E-Cell+ concept at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show video
- Subaru Announces Pricing For 2014 Legacy and Outback Models
- 10 Things You Need To Know About The 2013 Toyota RAV4
- 2013 Ford Fusion Energi Earns Five-Star Rating From NHTSA
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz CL550 4MATIC Road Test & Review
- 10 Best Eco Friendly Cars
comments powered by Disqus