The American luxury car builder Lincoln had a genuine piece of automotive history on display upstairs in their booth at the 2012 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Fresh from a complete restoration, and causing a few jaws to drop at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, this iconic 1934 Ford Model 40 Special Speedster was designed and built by none other than Edsel Ford, who powered the open air streamlined hot rod with a 239 cubic inch Mercury flat head V8 pumping out 120 HP, which was actually quite a lot of power for the day.
Edsel Ford's Model 40 Speedster at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show video
- Honda, McLaren Re-teaming for 2015 F1 Season
- 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 Road Test & Review
- 2014 BMW M6 Coupe Is This Year’s MotoGP Qualifying Prize
- Road Test and Review - 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX
- Dodge Challenger SRT8 Featured in Fast & Furious 6
comments powered by Disqus