The American luxury car builder Lincoln had a genuine piece of automotive history on display upstairs in their booth at the 2012 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Fresh from a complete restoration, and causing a few jaws to drop at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, this iconic 1934 Ford Model 40 Special Speedster was designed and built by none other than Edsel Ford, who powered the open air streamlined hot rod with a 239 cubic inch Mercury flat head V8 pumping out 120 HP, which was actually quite a lot of power for the day.
Edsel Ford's Model 40 Speedster at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show video
- Top-Rated Sports Car Autobytel & AutoPacific Consumer Award
- 2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata: Video Road Test and Review
- 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show video
- 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show video
- Ford Focus ST at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show video
comments powered by Disqus