As pointed out by Drew Winter, editor-in-chief of Ward’sAuto World: “It wasn’t uncommon all that long ago for automakers to view interiors as the best place to take cost out of a vehicle.”
Today, however, it’s a different story, and brands have raised their focus on interior decorating to the point that Audi—long the benchmark for cabin pleasure—is without an entry on the annual list of Ward’s 10 Best Interiors. In fact, the German brands were shut out entirely of this year’s rankings, which saw two Korean winners, one each from the Detroit three, and five from the Japanese automakers.
In alphabetical order, the 10 Best Interiors of 2013 can be found in:
- Acura RDX—With a cabin that “demonstrates Honda’s luxury brand can compete with the best.”
- Cadillac XTS—Lauded for its CUE connectivity/infotainment interface, “sumptuous” interior color scheme and “delightfully original accent stitching.”
- Chevrolet Spark—“All about fun and function” yet “surprisingly well-equipped.”
- Hyundai Santa Fe Sport—“Well-crafted, tastefully appointed and affordable,” with a “premium look and feel.”
- Kia Forte—Featuring “cleanly configured” controls as well as materials that “are upscale enough to warrant placement on luxury vehicles.”
- Lexus GS 450h—“The most visually stunning” cabin of the year, thanks to accents like its bamboo trim that “brightens the cabin like a perfect sunset.”
- Mazda Mazda6—Hailed for its “excellent infotainment system, creative touches, flowing lines, attention to detail” and superior color management.
- Nissan Pathfinder—“Warm, inviting, spacious and ready for anything,” the Pathfinder’s interior is “far more comfortable and generously equipped” than in the previous model.
- Ram 1500 (Laramie Longhorn edition)—“If Bentley made a pickup truck, its cabin would look like this.”
- Toyota Avalon—Called “the most luxurious non-luxury car tested” and offering “impeccable build quality, advanced connectivity, benchmark materials and a layered instrument-panel design.”
You may also be interested in...
2013 Fiat 500e: Lease at Launch for $199 per Month
Mazda Partners With Star Trek To Promote The New Mazda6
Meet the 2013 Smart Electric Drive: America’s Least Expensive EV
Ford Launches A New Vehicle Orientation Program
Maryland Now Manufacturing Motors for 2014 Chevy Spark EV
MINI Coming to Indy with Performance Driving School