Imagine winning the Pikes Peak Hill Climb and round six of the Formula Drift championship within a few weeks of each other. Now imagine accomplishing the same things with the same race car. That’s what Rhys Millen did during the month of August with his RMR Hyundai Genesis Coupe. On August 12, 2012, Rhys took the RMR Hyundai Genesis Coupe up Pikes Peak and won Time Attack 2WD class with a time of 9:46.164. That time also became the new record for the hill climb. A couple weeks later in Las Vegas, Rhys took the same Genesis coupe and won round six of the Formula Drift championship. How was Rhys able to pull this feat off with the same car? The secret is with the car itself. The Genesis coupe provides a very versatile platform that RMR was able to prepare for any event. The only changes made on the Genesis coupe to get it ready for either Pikes Peak or Formula Drift are the body panels, sway bar, brakes, wheels, and tires. Everything else from the engine to the transmission is the same.
Rhys Millen Wins Pikes Peak and Formula Drift in the Same RMR Hyundai Genesis Coupe
- Rock Store Run In A 2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 R-Spec
- 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec Road Test And Review
- Lotus Exige S Roadster Becomes Brand’s Fastest Drop-top Ever
- Harbaugh to Return to Indy—In a 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray
- 2013 SRT Viper Readied for Return to Le Mans
comments powered by Disqus