According to Larry Dominique, president of ALG: "Residual value is a complete indicator of vehicle value, taking into account quality, durability and brand desirability. The Residual Value Awards measure the most important brand-performance metric—the statement consumers make with their wallets when they purchase a vehicle."
And this year, their voices were raised highest for Honda, which was the No. 1 mainstream brand in the 2014 ALG Residual Value Awards, as well as Mercedes-Benz, which captured the value flag on the premium side of the ledger. In all cases, the recognition program honors the vehicles that retain the highest percentage of their MSRPs after three years of ownership, and this year included four Honda (and Acura) products. On the other hand it was Toyota—with help from its Lexus and Scion brands—that had the most individual category winners, with eight, while Audi also was singled out for praise from the ALG team.
"Toyota, Audi and Honda captured the most segment honors due to the consistent high value of all their products," continued Dominique. "Honda was named top Mainstream Brand due to their prudent use of incentives—$1,000 lower than the mainstream average—and low rental fleet penetration. These factors help maintain vehicle value, which tremendously benefits consumers."
The full list of 2014 ALG Residual Value Award winners:
- Honda—Mainstream Brand
- Mercedes-Benz—Premium Brand
- Hyundai Accent—Subcompact Car
- Mazda Mazda3—Compact Car
- Honda Accord—Midsize Car
- Toyota Avalon—Fullsize Car
- Chevrolet Camaro—Sports Car
- Toyota Prius c—Alt-Fuel Vehicle
- Honda Odyssey—Minivan
- Kia Soul—Subcompact Utility Vehicle
- Honda CR-V—Compact Utility Vehicle
- Hyundai Santa Fe Sport—Midsize Utility Vehicle (2 Row)
- Toyota Highlander—Midsize Utility Vehicle (3 Row)
- Toyota Sequoia—Fullsize Utility Vehicle
- Toyota FJ Cruiser—Off-Road Utility Vehicle
- Toyota Tacoma—Midsize Pickup
- Toyota Tundra—Fullsize Pickup
- Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class—Premium Compact Car
- Audi A5—Premium Midsize Car
- Audi A6—Premium Fullsize Car
- Porsche Panamera—Premium Executive Car
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray—Premium Sports Car
- Acura RDX—Premium Compact Utility Vehicle
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport—Premium Midsize Utility Vehicle (2 Row)
- Audi Q7—Premium Midsize Utility Vehicle (3 Row)
- Toyota Land Cruiser—Premium Fullsize Utility Vehicle
You may also be interested in...
2014 Nissan Sentra Sent to Market with 2013's Starting Price
2014 Nissan Xterra Extends Its Benefits with More Features
2014 Dodge Charger and Challenger Celebrate 100 Years of Dodge
The Best Tuners of SEMA 2013
How and Why Rear-Facing Kids Until Age 4 Works Fine
2014 Fiat 500L Continues Brand's Renaissance in L.A.