2015 Audi RS7 Gets Dynamic New Special Edition
Four-rings Brand Spices up Four-door Coupe
Showcasing both some of the key highlights from the Audi vehicle-personalization program and the company’s refusal to follow commonly accepted capitalization rules, the 2015 Audi RS 7 “dynamic edition” is expected to arrive in U.S. dealerships this summer, with a price tag that starts at $146,045.
Now, that is more than twice what you’d pay for a standard Audi A7, but the RS 7 also happens to offer more than twice the horsepower, boasting a turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 that’s good for 560 hp, 516 lb.-ft. of torque, a 0-60 time of 3.7 seconds and EPA grades of 16 mpg city/27 mpg highway/19 mpg combined. Of course, that’s the standard powertrain for the 2015 Audi RS 7, and the dynamic edition adds:
- Three-stage adaptive damping
- Carbon-fiber cabin inlays
- Extensive Crimson Red accent stitching
- Crimson Red seatbelts to set off its Black Valcona leather heated seats
- 21-inch Gloss Black wheels with exposed Tornado Red brake calipers
- Carbon-fiber splitter, diffuser and engine cover
- Four available exterior colors—Ibis White, Suzuka Gray Metallic, Daytona Gray Pearl and Phantom Black pearl
Capping off the package for the dynamic edition is all of the standard content from the “regular” 2015 Audi RS 7, including a full range of Audi MMI technologies. That means everything from voice-control navigation and a touch screen that recognizes handwriting to a Bose Centerpoint audio system and full LED exterior lighting.
The party line from Filip Brabec, director of Product Planning for Audi of America: “The Audi exclusive RS 7 dynamic edition exemplifies just some of the personalization options that are possible through our Audi exclusive program. The combination of our most powerful RS model ever and the added customized elements make this a truly special car to drive and to behold.”