Audi announce today their 2014 lineup, along with vehicle changes and pricing details. The big news for 2014 is the introduction of the A6, A7, and Q5 TDI models. Also new for 2014 is the fastest RS model ever sold in the states, the RS7, and the first Audi crossover to wear the S badge, the SQ5.
Here's a Cliff Notes version of what will be coming to your nearest Audi dealer later this summer.
2014 Audi A4, A5, and allroad
The big news for the 2014 Audi A4, A5, and allroad models is a boost in power. The 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder sees increase in horsepower from 211 to 220. Torque remains the same at 258 pound-feet of torque.
The base A4, A5, and allroad Premium models get the Convenience package – which includes Bluetooth®, Homelink®, Audi music interface, and driver information system as standard equipment.
- A4 Premium Plus and Prestige models get a standard S line exterior (new front and rear bumpers, and side sills) and set of eighteen-inch, ten-spoke, exclusive RS-design wheels
- A Black Optic package with high gloss black exterior trim and nineteen-inch Titanium Rotor design wheels are an option on the A4 and S4
- All S4 models now comes standard with Audi Drive Select
The 2014 A4 starts at $33,800. The 2014 S4 starts at $48,100.
- Two new exterior color choices: Cuvée Silver and Dakota Gray
- Audi advance key becomes a part of the allroad Premium Plus model
- Audi side assist (blind spot monitoring system) is optional on the Premium Plus model
The 2014 allroad starts at $40,700
- Audi Drive Select becomes standard on all S5 models and a part of the A5 Sport Package.
- Black Optic package returns as a package the on A5 and S5 Coupe
- Nineteen-inch Titanium Rotor wheels are available on A5 and S5 Cabriolet models
- A5 Prestige models get the S line exterior (new front and rear bumpers, and side sills) as standard equipment
- The S Line Competition package is available on the A5 Premium Plus and Prestige
The 2014 A5 starts at the $39,500 for the coupe and $44,500 for the cabriolet. The 2014 S5 begins at $52,000 for the coupe and $60,400 for the cabriolet.
- Comfort seat package becomes an option on the RS5 Coupe
- RS5 Cabrio comes with the option of the Black Optic package
- Audi side assist becomes a part of the Audi MMI Navigation plus package
The 2014 RS5 starts at $69,600 for the coupe and $77,900 for the cabriolet.
2014 A6 and A7
The Audi A6 and A7 have some big news for 2014. To start, the two will now come with the option of a 3.0L TDI engine producing 240 horsepower and 428 pound-feet of torque. Fuel economy is rated at 24 City/38 Highway/29 Combined by the EPA.
- A6 2.0T gets a new option package that includes xenon plus headlights and eighteen-inch wheels
- A6 3.0T and 3.0 TDI get the Premium Plus trim as standard
- The Black Optic exterior package becomes an option on the 3.0T, 3.0 TDI, and S6
- The big news for the A7 family is the introduction of the new RS7 this fall. The RS7 packs a twin-turbo 4.0L TFSI V8 engine that makes 560 horsepower and 556 pound-feet of torque, making it the most powerful RS model on sale. Pricing will be announced at a later date.
- A7 3.0T and 3.0 TDI get the Premium Plus trim as standard
- A Black Optic and bicolor package is available for the A7 and S7
The A8 doesn't see any big changes for the 2014 model year. The only real items of note are the Convenience package becoming standard on the normal wheelbase A8 models and the S8 and A8L W12 getting Audi side assist and pre-sense rear as standard.
2014 Audi TT and TTS
The big item of note for the 2014 TT lineup is the departure of the TT-RS model. The 2014 TT and TTS will come in only one trim level. The TT comes standard with the S Line exterior package, while the TTS gains heated front seats and Audi adaptive headlights. TTS models also get as an option the Black Optic package.
The TT starts at $39,900 for the coupe and $42,900 for the cabriolet.
Audi's flagship sports car, the R8 got an early release for its 2014 model. The changes to take note of are a revised exterior design with full LED headlights, round dual-outlet exhaust, and a high-gloss “Singleframe” grille. There is also a new dual-clutch gearbox and a more powerful V10 model called the V10 Plus.
The 2014 Audi R8 starts at $114,900 for the coupe and $128,400 for the cabriolet.
2014 Audi Q5
The Q5 sees a number of changes for the 2014 model year. The most notable are two new models. First is the Q5 TDI which packs a 3.0L turbodiesel engine with 240 horsepower and 428 pound-feet of torque. EPA rates the Q5 TDI at 24 City/31 Highway/27 Combined.
Second is the SQ5, the first Audi crossover wearing the S badge. The SQ5 is packing a supercharged 3.0L TFSI V6 with 354 horsepower and 347 pound-feet of torque. The run to 60 MPH takes about 5.1 seconds. Other items of note for the SQ5 include unique front and rear bumpers, Platinum Gray grille and diffuser, Aluminum exterior mirror housings, quad exhaust tips, and Leather/Alcantara sport seats. More information on the SQ5 will be released at a later date.
- 2.0T model gets the Convenience package as standard equipment
- Audi's advance key becomes standard on Premium Plus and Prestige trims
The 2014 Q7 only sees some small changes. Those include xenon plus headlights being standard across the range and the Premium Plus model gaining